Paint or Powder Coated Finishes depend on the correct pre-treatment for the highest adhesion and corrosion resistance.
The MacDermid pre-treatment range includes cleaners for removing soils, aluminum conversion coatings, zinc phosphates and sealants.
To meet RoHS, WEEE and EOLV directives, our processes include Qualicoat and GSB approved chromium-free systems.
For multi-metal use we have cleaner phosphate systems which can be teamed with high-performance dry in place final seals to provide reliable, cost-effective pre-treatment for painting both steel and light alloys. These can be applied by immersion or spray depending on the application.
|Iridite||Qualicoat and GSB approved conversion coatings and adhesion promoters for use under paint and powder coating.|
|New Dimensions||A range of innovative cleaners providing reliable water-based alternatives to solvent degreasing.|
|Sintklin, Masco||A range of aqueous based cleaners for the cleaning of components before secondary operations or inspection. Nitrite, formaldehyde and boron-free.|
Our product ranges
Paint Pre-Treatments - BlueKote, Iridite, Keykote
Paint or Powder Coated finishes cannot achieve the required level of adhesion and corrosion resistance without the correct pre-treatment. MacDermid have a wide range of paint pre-treatment processes including:
- Cleaners and deoxidisers to remove soils and activate the metal surface
- Phosphate and heavy metal free systems
- Zinc phosphates, iron phosphates and conversion coatings to provide a base for painting
- Dry in place final seals to further enhance adhesion and corrosion resistance
- Pre-treatments are available for ferrous metals, zinc, aluminium and mixed metals
- Qualicoat and GSB approved chrome-free systems are also available allowing customers to meet these standards and to comply with RoHS, WEEE and EOLV directives
Inter-Operational Cleaners - Masco, Sintklin, New dimensions
Aqueous cleaners for the engineering and metal working industries: